The Institute for Work & Health promotes, protects and improves the safety and health of working people by conducting actionable research that is valued by employers, workers and policy-makers.
- Being a leading international institution in research and knowledge transfer and exchange
- Being a leading Canadian institution in building research capacity in work and health
- Being a leading employer in promoting and protecting the health and safety of our employees
- Ensuring research integrity by conducting independent and ethical research
- Ensuring institutional integrity by involving partners in research and dissemination
- Demonstrating good stewardship of our resources
- Conducting research and knowledge transfer and exchange relevant to our partners and funders
- Respecting and accommodating different perspectives
- Respecting our staff in their work
- Respecting the dignity of workers everywhere
Listening: We will listen to the needs of workers and workplaces, clinicians, policy-makers and other partner agencies.
Aligning: We will align our research to ensure relevance to the needs of our partners, including the mandate of the Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL).
Collaborating: We will collaborate with other researchers and research users.
Independence: We will pursue our research mandate to the highest standards of scientific excellence and integrity.
Impartiality: We will be impartial in our relationships with policy-makers, workplace parties, clinicians, health & safety professionals and other interests.
Innovation: We will be innovative in the pursuit of research, knowledge transfer and exchange, and organizational excellence.