QuickDecks are slides from Cochrane Back and Neck (CBN), previously called the Cochrane Back Review Group (CBRG), outlining the best evidence for treating back and neck pain and other spinal disorders. CBN, hosted by the Institute for Work & Health, coordinates the publication of systematic reviews on the prevention and treatment of neck and back pain and other spinal disorders, excluding inflammatory diseases and fractures. QuickDecks summarize the findings from CBN reviews published in the Cochrane Library.
Who should use the slides
Clinicians, return-to-work case managers and researchers can use QuickDecks when they need a snapshot of evidence on various treatment and prevention measures for back and neck pain and other spinal disorders.
As well, users preparing presentations on this and related topics are welcome to incorporate these slidedecks, with credit given to CBN and the Institute for Work & Health.
A number of slidedecks are available, covering the following information:
- background information on CBN, the types of reviews it conducted and related terms;
- non-pharmacological interventions for adults with low-back pain (i.e. evidence on treatments for low-back pain that do not involve drugs or surgery, including, but not limited to, educational interventions, exercise and manual therapy);
- drug therapies for adults with low-back pain;
- surgical interventions for adults with low-back back pain;
- non-pharmacological interventions for adults with neck pain (including, but not limited to, manual therapy, patient education and workplace interventions);
- drug therapies for adults with neck pain;
- surgical interventions for adults with neck pain;
- non-pharmacological interventions for the prevention of low-back pain in adults (including, but not limited to, workplace interventions, exercise therapy and lumbar supports); and
- all summaries.